Pilgrimage to Oberammergau
12 June 2020 - 20 June 2020
(Information evening October 28 at 1:00 pm at Annunciation of the Lord Parish, Ottawa, ON)
Join Father John Likozar, (Companions of the Cross, Associate Pastor at Annunciation of The Lord Parish, Ottawa), Globus Tours and fellow Ottawa Catholics on a memorable, once-in-a-lifetime journey to Catholic Central Europe! Experience the famous Oberammergau Passion Play and many more treasures of Catholic Central Europe.
The Oberammergau Passion Play began in the 17th Century when survivors of the Black Plague vowed that if God saved their village from the plague, they would re-enact the agony and crucifixion of Christ every 10 years. From then on, there were no further deaths from the plague and the villagers have fulfilled their pledge ever since.
The play itself (presented from May - October) is from 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm and includes a 3-hour intermission for dinner. The play portrays the Passion of Christ – from His entry into Jerusalem to the Resurrection. The play includes 2000 actors, singers, musicians and technicians – all of whom are residents of Oberammergau. Reserved seating is in premium first class locations of the theatre.
The pilgrimage also includes visits to notable churches and landmarks throughout Germany, Switzerland and Austria, including the magnificent cathedral of Cologne and the breathtaking Rhine Gorge. Our group from Ottawa will have exclusive use of the coach and daily Mass will be available with Fr. Likozar.
SPIRITUAL DIRECTOR: FR. JOHN LIKOZAR, CC
Tour price per person (based on double occupancy)
- CAD $4,189, plus airfare
- Airfare will be from Ottawa. Airfare schedules and rates will be released approx. July 15, 2019
- Limited single occupancy rooms are available (if desired): CAD $640
- Pre and post-tour hotel and travel arrangements may be made on request
- An initial deposit of $250 CAD per person is required to secure your space followed by an additional deposit of $500 CAD per person due May 31, 2019. Final balance is due by March 18, 2020.
- Visit the great Catholic landmarks of Germany, Switzerland, and Austria.
Please see PDF for more information