Blog Post / When I eat out, where do I go? Will Bert's Beanery do, or does it always have to be the El Trocadero? Must I have so many clothes, or always buy such high quality? What kind of car do I drive? How dedicated am I to gadgetry? Must I have the latest energy-saving device? Am I into exotic holidays?
The story of Lazarus through the lens of service.
What can we learn about service through Jesus' approach to this situation?
- Jesus serves according to the Father's time table. When is the best time to serve? In God's time. A good starting point is recognizing that, "None of my time belongs to me."
- Jesus serves even though it comes at a cost.
- Jesus serves with a heart of compassion. Jesus is ministering to people. It is about serving people.
- Jesus serves in a way that brings new life. God can use us to breath new life into people in a new way.
This week's homework, reflect on these 2 points!
- I'm living on borrowed time.
- How will I concretely imitate Jesus in serving others?
Homily begins at 22:35.