Homily / “He wants to do something great in us, for our sake. That something great is what happens when God's nature and human nature come together in perfect union. It is called the Kingdom of God.”
St. John Vianney's daily routine was miraculous.
- He would get up at 1am every day.
- Begin with prayer and then hear women's confessions until 6am.
- At 6am he would celebrate mass.
- After mass, he would mingle with pilgrims.
- At 8am he would have breakfast - half a cup of milk.
- At 8:30am he began to hear men's confessions.
- He took a break at 10am to lead more prayers.
- Then he would continue to hear confessions until 11am.
- At 11am he would teach catechism to everyone.
- At noon they would pray the angelus and then have lunch.
- After lunch he would visit the sick.
- Then he would hear women's confessions until 5pm.
- At 5pm he heard mens confessions until 8pm.
- At 8pm he would lead evening prayer and the rosary. Then he would hear more confessions.
- They say he never left the church before 10pm and sometimes he stayed until midnight
"He did this 7 days a week for 30 years." -Fr. Rutler