Our pilgrimages are designed to immerse you in Rome. These are guided pilgrimages. Sue and Mike Denz are the leaders who take you to the beautiful sites in Rome themselves! As well, we are often joined by some of the best Catholic guides in Rome. As this is a pilgrimage, we also have a priest chaplain with us wherever we go.
We stay at the guesthouse of religious sisters in Rome, located just a 7 to 15 -minute walk from the Vatican. You can choose between our Apostle Pilgrimage (12 days for the 12 Apostles) or our Novena Pilgrimage (9 Days, as in a 9-day novena).
They are primarily about soaking in the beauty, culture and most importantly the Catholicity of the City of Rome. We visit the churches and other holy places that found throughout the city. We will pray at every church we enter. This is our primary reason for being in Rome: to encounter Our Lord in the city that most reflects His beauty and awe. However, we will also take time to experience the shops, smells, sights and culture of this great city.
This is a walking pilgrimage. Short rides on Rome’s public transportation are used to get us to the area we want to be on a particular day. After that we will walk, a lot (sometimes over 5 miles total), so be prepared.
On most days we will have morning Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica and then return for breakfast at the guesthouse, after which we will set off for our morning activities. We’ll have lunch and enjoy some afternoon sites until around 4 pm, giving you time to rest up before dinner.
Eating in Italy is reason alone for visiting Rome, and you will find it difficult locating a place that does not serve excellent food. Still, we will point you toward some of our favorite spots, several of which are a short walk from our guesthouse.
There are over 900 churches in Rome, not to mention all the other historical sites. These churches are some of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring in the world. We will see St. Peter's Basilica, St. Mary Major, St. John Lateran, the Spanish Steps, St. Paul’s Outside the Walls, the Pantheon, the Coliseum, the Holy Steps, the Relics of the True Cross, the Vatican Museum, the Sistine Chapel, Trevi Fountain, the Forum and much more. We will see the bones of St. Peter, the first pope, deep below St. Peter's Basilica, and we will see our present Holy Father, Pope Francis, at his general audience in St. Peter’s Square. There are also several free days to take additional day trips, revisit your favorite sites in Rome, discover new ones or just relax. Your evenings are always free for you to enjoy yourselves
What's Included? Your pilgrimage fee includes:
- Your flight. We will arrange your flight from anywhere in the United States or Canada. Flights out of any major city in the Eastern Time Zone of the United States are covered with our regular pilgrimage fee, including Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; Miami, FL; New York; Buffalo; Boston; Charleston; Cleveland; Washington, DC; Atlanta; Portland, ME; and many more. Additional charges may apply if your city of departure is further west or from Canada. All prices are in US dollars. Email us if you want to check the price for your city.
- Breakfast every morning.
- Metro and Bus Pass for all of Rome for your entire stay.
- Round trip train tickets for scheduled day trips.
- Tickets to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel.
- Tickets to the Scavi Tour: a guided tour deep beneath St. Peter's Basilica where you will see the tomb and bones of St. Peter.
- Tours throughout Rome of some of the best basilicas, churches and historic sites.
- There are no other hidden taxes or fees.
You are responsible for:
- All other meals besides breakfast.
- Entrance fees to additional places not mentioned above, which are optional.
Contact us today with any questions you have or to make your reservation. We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact us - Toll Free: 1-855-710-ROME (7663) or email - Rome@TakeaPilgrimage.com