Homily / “Lord, show me what it is that you are renewing in my life. And then, go with the grace.”
St. John Vianney's daily routine was miraculous.
- He would get up at 1am every day.
- Begin with prayer and then hear women's confessions until 6am.
- At 6am he would celebrate mass.
- After mass, he would mingle with pilgrims.
- At 8am he would have breakfast - half a cup of milk.
- At 8:30am he began to hear men's confessions.
- He took a break at 10am to lead more prayers.
- Then he would continue to hear confessions until 11am.
- At 11am he would teach catechism to everyone.
- At noon they would pray the angelus and then have lunch.
- After lunch he would visit the sick.
- Then he would hear women's confessions until 5pm.
- At 5pm he heard mens confessions until 8pm.
- At 8pm he would lead evening prayer and the rosary. Then he would hear more confessions.
- They say he never left the church before 10pm and sometimes he stayed until midnight
"He did this 7 days a week for 30 years." -Fr. Rutler